1. According to Frontline, what problems were caused by the following groups:
o The Local and state officials?
o The U.S. military?
o The Government?
2. Why was the Louisiana National Guard unable to help?
3. Why were rescue efforts hampered in the first 24 hours?
4. What were the Mayor's responsibilities prior to the hurricane?
5. Where were state and local officials during the aftermath of Katrina? Why was this a problem?
6. What were the critics pointing out as trouble with the governor of Louisiana?
7. According to then-FEMA director Michael Brown, when does FEMA take over for state and local governments?
8. What were the complaints of local and state officials against FEMA?
9. How many days did it take for the government, under President George W. Bush, to acknowledge they were late and inadequate in its response?
"The Storm: What Went Wrong in New Orleans":