TYPES OF FEATURE ARTICLES
1. Profiles / Interviews
2. Humorous Reflections
3. Personal Experiences / Anecdotes
4. On-Line Articles
5. Background info on lead, national and international events
6. Human Interest
TITLE LEAD BODY CONCLUSION
Grabs the readers'attention Provokes readers' interest with an unusual statement Statistics, quotes, facts, anecdotes. Names of places Restatement course of action
Highlights main idea Provides necessary background info facts, anecdotes. Names of places Call to action
Creates a relationship between writer
LANGUAGE AND STYLE
1. A personal tone through the use of informal, colloquial and first person narrative.
2. Use of relevant jargon to add authenticity to the information and opinion.
3. FACTS to validate the writer's viewpoint
4. Use of exaggeration and generalizations to add humor.
5. Use of rhetorical questions to involve the readers.
6. Anecdotes to hold the readers' attention.
7. Emotive words to evoke a personal response in the reader.
8. Effective use of imagery and description to engage readers imagination.
9. Use of direct quotes to personalize the topic
- Be authoritative
- Be insightful
Of Beauty & Victory: The 'Major, Major'Way
John Arvin N. Buenaagua
Body of a goddess.
Face of an angel.
Pride and honor of a queen emerging.
Amazing how she walked with all beauty and dignity in the midst of all the sham and drudgery her people have been facing. "I am one of them and proud,". She must have thought to herself as she paraded down the aisle, in front of the millions of people gazing upon her majesty and dazzled by her grace. When she smiled and waved, the universe conspired to make that moment hers. For a brief matter of moments, the world was hers for the taking.
A goddess of beauty indeed, her name is Venus Raj.